Between working Friday night, Adam's baseball game on Saturday and trying to get our newly renovated kitchen unpacked and put away yesterday, I didn't have much time; I was tagged with the "Five Questions" meme by both Bubs and Jess Wundrun a few days ago. Here are my responses.
1. You're stuck in a flesh-eating zombie apocalypse. Would you rather deal with Romero shambling zombies who are learning to use tools and weapons, or insensible but crazy fast Dawn of the Dead remake zombies? Compare and contrast.
I haven't seen the remake yet, but I'd have to say I'd rather go with the stumbling zombies. I'm in pretty good shape for a guy my age (46) and am a pretty good shot.
2. Who's the first female cartoon or comic book character you had a crush on?
Lois, from "Hi and Lois." She was the original cartoon MILF.
3. What makes your wife/girlfriend/significant other a saint in regards to her relationship with you?
That she puts up with me. I've spent most of my adult life single (my other two marriages were brief). I'm used to doing things my way and in my time. She's been relatively patient while I adjust to married life.
4. Batman or James Bond?
Good lord, is there any question? James Bond. He's smart, sophisticated, well-dressed, devastatingly handsome, and kicks International Bad Guy ass 300 different ways. And unlike Batman, he doesn't wear a silly costume, and he always gets the girl-- even the bad ones.
5. If you could do anything in the world that you wanted to do (assuming you're not already doing it now) what would it be? For a living, for fun, whatever.
I'd be living on an organic farm with Kim and our kids, with our parents in cottages near our home. We'd have an organic vineyard and a sustainable agriculture study center, all fueled by renewable resources-- the sun and the wind. We wouldn't always stay there, though: we'd have an Airstream, with a biodiesel-fuelled truck to tow it, which we'd run around visiting friends in.
1. Wednesday, Nov. 5, 2008. Our side won! How do you celebrate?
I'd call my son Adam-- he would be at my ex's house on a Wednesday. I would let him gush for a while-- he'd be very excited. He's a dyed-in-the-wool Democrat. Then Kim and I would break out a bottle of Freixenet Cava (Spanish champagne) and celebrate. My father and her father would certainly call. Both would be quite happy. It would be a happy night all around.
2. Are you on a boat or are you a land lubber or do you soar?
I definitely soar. It's the only way to travel through life.
3. What was the last mistake you wished you could cover up?
If I wanted to cover it up, I wouldn't post it on my blog!
4. Are your omelettes fluffy?
Since I have a mild allergy to eggs, I don't make omelettes often. But when I do, I make them with egg-beaters (no cholesterol) and yes, they are fluffy.
5. When was the last time your paradigm shifted?
Last year, late May/early June, 2006. In a two week period: my father had a cancerous tumor the size of a softball taken from his abdomen; I was RIF'ed from a teaching job I loved, and had hoped to work until retirement in; and on the night of June 3/4, my close friend Mark Evans was murdered in a home invasion/robbery. I had to really, really evaluate my life-- it's meaning, what was important to me, and where I wanted to go from there. It resulted in my decision to leave teaching and go back to school.
Okay, I'm tagging the following: Monkerstein, Natalie, Skyler's Dad, Andi and Samurai Frog (who says you never get tagged, Samurai!) with the following questions.
1. If you could be there to change just one event in history, what would it be?
2. If you could be any actor or actress who ever lived, who would it be, and why?
3. What was your favorite Saturday morning cartoon show?
4. Beatles or Rolling Stones?
5. If you could be any fictional literary figure ever, who would it be?