Tuesday, October 24, 2006

More Questions



I didn't get tagged for this one, but I liked the questions.


1) Would you bungee jump?

No, but I'd like to skydive.


2) If you could do anything in the world for a living what would it be?

A Writer.


3) Your favorite fictional animal?

The Pushme-Pullya from Dr. Doolittle.


4) One person who never fails to make you laugh?

My son Adam.


5) When you were 12 years old what did you want to be when you grew up?

A physician.


6) What is the first thing you do when you wake up in the morning?

Pour a glass of iced tea and add some lemon juice. I like my caffeine cold in the morning.


7) Have you ever gone to therapy?

Yes, twice; once when my relationship with my son's mother started going south, and a second time when wife #2 and I started having problems. Marriage #1 was too short to have much angst.


8) If you could have one super power what would it be?

Time travel.


9) Your favorite cartoon character?

Wile E. Coyote


10) Do you go to church?

I don't-- My family were athiests. I did enjoy going to my grandparents' Methodist Church in Mountain Home, Arkansas when I would drive down there to visit them. Their minister was a very cool guy.


11) What is your best childhood memory?

Walking to Lincoln Park Zoo on Sundays with my dad and two brothers. We'd make sure to stop and see Mike the polar bear and Sinbad the gorilla. When I grew up, I found out that he did this to give my mother a break from having three little boys under foot all the time.


12) Do you think marriage is an outdated ritual?

No. It's not for everyone, but I think everybody should have the chance to have that bond, including my best friend Jim, who is gay and was best man at my wedding last year.


13) Do you own a gun?

Not anymore. When my parents moved out of state while I was in grad school, my father asked me to take care of a .22 rifle he had (he used to take my brothers and I to a target range and shoot it). I ended up giving it to my roommate Curt, who himself kept a shotgun in our trailer (he grew up on a farm).


14) Have you ever hit someone of the opposite sex?

No. I have, however been hit by members of the opposite sex. Usually there was drinking involved on their part.


15) Have you ever sung in front of a large number of people?

Yes, frequently-- I'm a total Karaoke whore. My step-daughter doesn't know it yet, but I got her a Karaoke machine for her upcoming birthday. We'll have one in the house soon. It'll be ridiculous. I'm very excited.


16) What is the first thing you notice about the opposite sex?

Eyes. I'm a fool for smart and funny and mischievous. I knew the first time I laid eyes on my wife, as we met in front of a restaurant (we met through a Match ad) that I was in trouble. As far as the mischievous, I found out yesterday just how mischievous she is.


17) What is your biggest mistake?

Not having my son's mother arrested when I had the opportunity when we were fighting over custody nine years ago. I couldn't bear to have her arrested in front of him, though it would have made my life a lot easier. I still feel like I probably made the right decision.


18) Say something totally random about yourself.

My cholesterol was 177 last I had it checked. I attribute it to red wine consumption. Of course, I've been fanatical about eating healthily since I was 15, but I'll still give red wine the credit.


19) Has anyone ever said that you looked like a celebrity?

Yes-- Bill Clinton. All the time. I could do worse.


20) What is the most romantic thing someone of the opposite sex has done for you?

Marry me.


21) Do you actually read these when other people fill them out?

Yes.

4 comments:

kim said...

Wow, that's some lucky wife you have, blue eyes. The fun part of that mischief, is how I am going to correct it.

Cup said...

I love these; you get to find out so much about someone. Excellent answers, Mr. Yen.

Dale said...

I liked your answers, they were well thought out. I'm generally all smart-assy with those things but it's fun learning things about people you sort of don't know. Clearly you're already a writer.

Tenacious S said...

I love the pushme-pullyou!