Between work and trying to get ready for school, things have been hectic. I woke up today and said "Is this really Friday?" The week flew by. And Kim and I have been having a "who's more broke" contest this week. Can't wait for school to be done-- in two years.
1. Conquistador- Procul Harum
2. New Kid In Town- The Eagles
3. Trash- The New York Dolls
4. Monkey Man- The Rolling Stones
5. Easy To Slip- Little Feat
6. I Bought A Flat Guitar Tutor- 10CC
7. Jackson Cage- Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band
8. Then Came You- The Spinners with Dionne Warwicke
9. Cathy's Clown- The Everly Brothers
10. Lorelei- Styx
1. Procul Harum recorded this song with the Edmunton Symphony Orchestra
2. "Hotel California" was one of the first albums I ever bought.
3. Dolls singer David Johansen has one of my favorite-ever rock and roll quotes, about the Dolls: "We like to look sixteen and bored shitless."
4. I can never resist screaming "I'm a MOOOOOONNNNNNKAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYY MAN" along with Mick Jagger whenever I hear this one. Fortunately, there are usually not people around when this happens.
5. My favorite Little Feat song. I remember hearing this in the commercials for Cameron Crowe's "Almost Famous," then was puzzled to discover that it's not in the movie.
6. From "Deceptive Bends," which came out in 1977. Lots of clever wordplay in this one.
7. A song about lonliness. I love the line "Like a scene in another man's play."
8. Love the Spinners, and particularly love this one, which they did with Dionne Warwick.
9. I wasn't crazy about the Everly Brothers when I was younger, but they've really grown on my over the years.
10. Loved Styx when they were a local band, but hated them as they got big. This was from when they weren't so big.