I started nursing school this week. In between kids, work and a huge amount of studying, I'm trying to continue blogging. The shit has hit the fan.
1. Tombstone Blues- Bob Dylan
2. The World Turns Around Her- The Byrds
3. People Take Pictures of Each Other- The Kinks
4. Blue Hotel Room- Joni Mitchell
5. Work Out- The Fondas
6. Interstate Love Song- Stone Temple Pilots
7. It's Too Late- Amy Grant
8. Waiting For The Big One- Peter Gabriel
9. Fat Man In The Bathtub- Little Feat
10. Sex and Drugs and Rock and Roll- Ian Dury and the Blockheads
1. The second track on the terrific "Highway 61" album.
2. I hear this one a lot on Little Steven's Underground Garage.
3. From "The Village Preservation Society" album, which has really grown on me in recent years.
4. Recently Netflixed a great dvd, "Refuge of the Roads," about the tour that supported "Hejira," the album this is from.
5. Love these Detroit rockers!
6. We bought this one on Rock Band recently. I love singing this one.
7. This was from a Carole King tribute album that came out in the nineties. It's one of those rare covers that does justice to the original. Found myself playing both the original and cover during my two divorces. The line "Still I'm glad for what we had and how I once loved you" is one of my favorites ever.
8. A wryly humorous song from Peter Gabriel's first post-Genesis solo album.
9. Little Feat was formed when Frank Zappa recognized how good Lowell George was and told him he needed to leave the Mothers of Invention and form his own band. Thankfully he followed Zappa's advice.
10. Loved hearing this song on the radio when I was in high school in the late seventies. Of the three things, I was getting only Rock and Roll.