I spent the day running some errands, doing a little work on a family project and doing the legwork for a future "Chicago Tales" post when I should have been studying. I'll try to make it up during the week.
My son has a band event tomorrow, so he's at my ex's. We'll get together on Sunday and catch up over a Chinese meal or barbecue.
1. Carnival of Sorts (Boxcars)- R.E.M.
2. Bang A Gong- T. Rex
3. Bodhisattva (live)- Steely Dan
4. Lord Have Mercy On My Soul- Black Oak Arkansas
5. Planet Claire- The B-52's
6. Brandy- The Looking Glass
7. One Less Bell To Answer- The Fifth Dimension
8. Will The Wolf Survive?- Los Lobos
9. Istanbul- They Might Be Giants
10. Running Up That Hill- Kate Bush
1. From R.E.M.'s terrific first record, the EP Chronictown.
2. Elton John played the piano on this one.
3. A rarity that I'm going to post soon on Boxnet-- a live performance in the early seventies, in Santa Monica, where the band brought on a wino to introduce them. Very funny.
4. Downloaded this one after hearing it while watching "Dazed And Confused" with my son a few months back.
5. The B-52's beat the sophmore jinx with their second album "Wild Planet."
6. I know it's bubblegum, but I love this song.
7. One of many great pop tunes from this band.
8. Los Lobos are one of the last acts left to fulfill on my "must see" list.
9. Love this band!
10. This song reminds me of a punk bar I hung out with on the Southwest Side of Chicago after college. Grist for a future post.