Can it really be December tomorrow?
When Adam was little, someone, one of his grandparents, I think, told him that time would go faster and faster as he got older. He didn't understand it then, but as he's gotten older, he has started seeing it. I can't believe we're looking at Christmas-- Kim's family's annual party, gifts, a visit to my parents-- and the end of the year.
The good thing, I guess is that the new year coming is an election year and a chance to turn out this pack of bastards.
1. Been Down So Long- The Doors
2. X Offender- Blondie
3. Sweet Hitchhiker- Creedence Clearwater Revival
4. Animal Boy- The Ramones
5. 48 Hours- The Clash
6. Never Said- Liz Phair
7. No Matter What- Badfinger
8. Purple Rain- Prince
9. Hanky Panky- Tommy James and the Shondells
10. Corrina, Corrina- Bob Dylan
1. From the great LA Woman album.
2. A lesser-known Blondie song, but a great one. From the fabulous No Thanks! collection of '70's punk.
3. "Creedence? I love Creedence!"
4. Ramonesmania should be in everyone's cd collection.
5. From the British version of the Clash's first album.
6. My favorite Liz Phair song.
7. Badfinger was the first group that the Beatles signed to Apple Records.
8. Kim grew up in Chaska, Prince's hometown, and used to see him in the grocery store.
9. I'm embarassed to say that I'm old enough to have heard this on the radio when it was a hit. That was 1967, I think.
10. A lovely little Dylan song, from when he was a folkie. I'm eager to see I'm Not There, the weird little Dylan biopic.