Friday, June 20, 2008

Long But Good Friday Random Ten

Today felt like one of the longest days in my life. We were busy the last couple of nights at Jury's, and I we had a couple of busy days in my Microbiology class, with a lab and a long, detailed lecture on antibiotics. I was exhausted going into the day, and had to start work early, to boot. We were extremely busy, but it was lucrative.

I had to drive like a bat out of hell to pick up Adam and get him to his baseball game on time. It was a great game (post to follow). We grabbed dinner and I finished a lab that was due at midnight (we submit our labs online) while the kids and I watched "Nacho Libre." Now that I've got the lab turned in, I can post the Random Ten I did during breakfast about 15 hours ago.

1. Live- The Merry-Go-Round
2. Lust For Life- Iggy Pop
3. Rattlesnakes- Lloyd Cole and the Commotions
4. Ghost Riders In the Sky- Johnny Cash
5. We Close Our Eyes- Go West
6. Sail Away- David Gray
7. You Got Your Head On Backwards- The Sonics
8. Yakety Sax- Boots Randolph
9. Razor Face- Elton John
10. Long Hot Summer- The Style Council


Notes:
1. From the fabulous "Nuggets" collection.
2. My theme song (the line "Here comes Johnny Yen again...")
3. The title track from my favorite Lloyd Cole and the Commotions album.
4. I'm still mourning the loss of Johnny Cash.
5. I did this song as an "Occasional Forgotten Video" a while back.
6. Whatever happened to this guy?
7. Seattle legends.
8. This song, Randolph's biggest hit, was used as the theme song on the Benny Hill show. I actually saw Boots Randolph in concert when I was a kid.
9. From "Madman Across the Water," one of my favorite albums.
10. Paul Weller's project after the Jam.

No comments: