Tuesday, December 09, 2008

Maybe The Statute Is Bad Luck


I went to the Chicago Sun-Times tonight to see the latest on our illustrious governor, when I saw a picture of him in front a a statue of Lincoln. I realized that I had seen it earlier today.






When I had looked up another felonious Illinois governor, Otto Kerner, on Wikipedia today for my earlier post, there was a picture of him in front of the exact same statue, which I'm pretty sure is behind the Chicago History Museum (formerly the Chicago Historical Society).

Maybe Blagojevich' successor should stay away from the statue.

5 comments:

Alasdair said...

Ahhh, scandal! Lucky ducks. All we have had anytime recently is a bunch of whining about voting irregularity in the Seattle area - and that's from 2004, no less.

Illinois: The new Louisilaska?

Erik Donald France said...

Let's hope Obama brings the BEST from the Land of Lincoln without any Ford Theatre incidents.

As for the governors, Michigan has its own Detroit mayors to face off with them -- in jail.

A penny for their thoughts ;->

Anonymous said...

So now that you were around the statue, will you be selling a blog to the highest bidder?

vikkitikkitavi said...

Actually, that bust is outside Lincoln's tomb in Springfield. Somewhere there is a picture of me as a child rubbing the nose.

Which of course only reinforces your whole "bad luck" theory.

Distributorcap said...

i wonder what happens if you rub the nose of a Bush statue