The meds I got for my newly-diagnosed asthma are kicking in quick. It's funny how you don't know how bad you felt until you're feeling better again.
I got my nursing school application in on time, and will probably have to wait until May to hear whether I got in or not. My chances are pretty good-- my grades and test scores in reading and math are good, but in the end, there's a lottery. Keep your fingers crossed for me.
1. Medicine Show- Big Audio Dynamite
2. Mansion On the Hill- Bruce Springsteen
3. Self Control- Raf
4. Teenage Depression- Eddie and the Hot Rods
5. World Party- The Waterboys
6. White Wedding- Billy Idol
7. Cowboy Song- Thin Lizzy
8. Rock Me On the Water- Jackson Browne
9. Stop the Clock- The Blasters
10. Broadway Hotel- Al Stewart
1. I used to hear this one a lot in the punk clubs back in the day. BAD was headed up by former Clash member Mick Jones.
2. I love this haunting little number from Nebraska.
3. I've got over 5,000 songs on my ipod and this one repeated from last week. As I mentioned, it's the dark original of a song later blanded out by Laura Brannigan.
4. One of my favorites-- you'll find it on the "No Thanks" collection of '70's punk.
5. From the great "Fisherman's Blues" album, one of my favorites of the nineties.
6. I love the scene in "The Wedding Singer" with Billy Idol.
7. I loves me some Thin Lizzy.
8. Jackson Browne getting spiritual.
9. The closing track on The Blasters' first self-titled album. It's available these days on Testament, the complete collection of all the recordings The Blasters did for Slash records.
10. Al Stewart's Year of the Cat was one of the first records I ever bought when I was a teenager. I still love it.