Tuesday, January 01, 2008

New Year's Day


Making New Year's resolutions is a risky venture-- I always think of the quote, attributed to many, "Do you want to make God laugh? Tell him your plans." Still, I think it's a good idea to have some goals, even if you can't attain all of them.

First, I vow not to be discouraged politically-- I have faith that enough of the middle people in the United States have seen through the charade of the right in this country, realizing they represent not the values of fiscal conservatism, public safety and a rational foreign policy, but a wholesale looting of this country, a lack of regard for the well-being of anybody who is not a rich Republican and a wreckless, counter-productive foreign policy.

I vow to make sure to spend enough time with my wife and kids, despite a schedule that is going to be busy.

I vow to keep at my goal of changing careers-- to keep working toward the goal of a degree in Pharmacy, that will lead to a career that will allow me to make sure my kids can do what I was not able to do-- go wherever they want for college and study whatever they want-- and to make sure that Kim and I can eventually retire comfortably.

To read more.

To get back to posting on this blog at least once a day.

To make sure to spend time with long-time friends like Larry, Dan, Jim, Andreas, Ron and others.

To make sure to keep enjoying the bloggers I read every day.

8 comments:

Cap'n Ergo "XL+II" Jinglebollocks said...

I've decided that a whole LIST of resolutions can neatly be encapsulated into the phrase "lips together, teeth apart". Of course, I've said that on about 12 people's comment sections by now, so I guess I should start writing a post that explains this, huh...??

bubbles said...

I'm glad you are aiming to post every day! We all benefit from that one!

Happy New Year!

Traveling Matt said...

my resolution is to only make resolutions on mondays :)

Joe said...

I like all your goals, but that first one is a real challenge isn't it?

Foofa said...

All very admirable goals. Best of luck with them. I agree with Bubs, the first one may be the hardest to keep.

GETkristiLOVE said...

You have 20 more minutes to make good on the 3rd to last one!

Andi said...

Worthy resolutions indeed! Good luck with them all.

Erik Donald France said...

Oorah! Happy New Year and three salutes to your resolutions.

And to throwing right wingers out of office!