Tuesday, June 16, 2009

The Summer Mix, 2009

My stepdaughter and I started a tradition a couple of summers ago: to come up with a "Summer Mix" each year. It's the Itunes version of a mix tape for the summer. I put mine together tonight.

Anybody care to join our tradition?

1. Summer Rain- Johnny Rivers
2. Coming Up Close- 'Til Tuesday
3. Tonight I'll Be Staying Here With You- Bob Dylan
4. Elusive Butterfly- Bob Lind
5. Mainstreet- Bob Seger
6. No More No More- Aerosmith
7. Lowdown In The Street- ZZ Top
8. Time Will Tell- Holly Golightly
9. Bad News- The Barracudas
10. Tom's Diner- Suzanne Vega (the original a cappella one, not the club hit version with DNA)
11. Baby Should Have Known Better- Palmyra Delran
12. Ain't No Way- Aretha Franklin
13. In My Life- The Beatles
14. Baby, It's You- Smith
15. See No Evil- Television
16. Reeling- Stew
17. Next Plane To London- The Rose Garden
18. Alex Chilton- The Replacements
19. Itchycoo Park- The Small Faces
20. Twistin' the Night Away- Sam Cooke
21. Up and Down- The Chesterfield Kings
22. Should She Cry?- Wire Train
23. Lonely Apache- Los Straightjackets
24. A Summer Song- Chad and Jeremy
25. The Boys Are Back In Town- Thin Lizzy
26. Hold Me Now- The Thompson Twins
27. Sittin' On A Fence- The Rolling Stones
28. Love Is Here (And Now You're Gone)- The Supremes
29. Til The End of the Day- The Kinks


Now that I have a Summer Mix, maybe Summer will get here...

5 comments:

Dr. Zaius said...

Will mix tapes change the weather? How remarkable! I must try that...

SamuraiFrog said...

"Summer Rain" is quite appropriate. Oy...

Churlita said...

I made a Summer playlist last year for my girl crush's bachelorette party. I listen to it now and brings last Summer back, What a great idea.

I may do another one this year too.

Dale said...

I make up summer mixes and anytime mixes and never realize how bad I am at it sometimes until someone else happens to raise an eyebrow if they're in earshot at some of my selections. I think it's the fact that I like at odds songs butting up against each other.

Rebel Lamb said...

I like Alex Chilton, nice touch :)