Saturday, October 31, 2009

It's Halloween!

I managed to get someone to work for me tonight, so I have a rarity-- a Saturday night off, and both of my kids are here. We're going to our friends' Halloween party tonight. My son is going as disgraced former Illinois governor Blagojevich, my daughter will be Billy Mays, and my wife will be a "sexy vampire." I was originally going to go as People's Temple leader Jim Jones, but decided instead to go as Bruce Dickinson-- yes, THE Bruce Dickinson. And in his honor, I'd like you to explore the space of the room with the cowbell. I'll post pictures tomorrow.

And in the meantime, here's a vid of the Dead Kennedys doing my favorite Halloween song. It was filmed in 1980 at Mabuhay Gardens in San Francisco, which I read recently was the first club they ever played.

4 comments:

SkylersDad said...

Have fun with your rare Saturday/Halloween night! I will be manning the treat handout bucket, I'll save you a Snickers for when you drop by.

Erik Donald France said...

All rightie, sounds fun!

DK's -- not only outrageous, such a COOL sound . . .

bubbles said...

Yay for a day off!

Churlita said...

those sound like great costumes. I can't wait to see the pics!