I can't believe we're approaching midterm already. We have a test Monday, so I'll really be hitting the books this weekend.
In the meantime, we got some great news. My wife Kim, who was laid off from her job in June, got a new job this week, as a salesperson for one of the big life insurance companies.
1. One Night Stand- Rick Nelson
2. The Bottom Line- Big Audio Dynamite
3. Take a Picture- Filter
4. Paralyzed- The Legendary Stardust Cowboy
5. I Can't Help Falling In Love With You- Elvis
6. Stop What You're Doing- The Beatles
7. Killing An Arab- The Cure
8. God Save The Queen- The Sex Pistols
9. Outside of a Small Circle of Friends- Phil Ochs
10. Down By The River- Neil Young
1. I first heard this one when Rick Nelson and the Stone Canyon Band performed it on a talk show in the early seventies.
2. Heard this one a million times in clubs in the eighties.
3. A one-hit wonder from about ten years ago.
4. This song is widely recognized as the worst song ever recorded.
5. I love me some Elvis. This is one of his most lovely songs.
6. From "The Beatles For Sale."
7. The Cure's first hit.
8. "God save the queen/She ain't no human being...."
9. A song about the Kitty Genovese murder. Dozens of people heard her being stabbed to death and did nothing.
10. An epic song.