Got a B on my test this week and had a really good and interesting clinical experience. I can't believe that we're half way through the semester already!
The ward was abuzz with news of the boy in the balloon. I don't know whether it was a hoax or not, but I felt sick when they got to the balloon and he wasn't in there. Hoax or not, I'm glad he's okay.
1. Ruby, Don't Take Your Love To Town-- Kenny Rogers and the First Edition
2. Most Likely You'll Go Your Way And I'll Go Mine- Bob Dylan
3. White Rabbit- The Jefferson Airplane
4. Red Barchetta- Rush
5. Holding Back the Years- Simply Red
6. Tommy Gun- The Clash
7. Baby, I'm A Star- Prince
8. Mother- The Police
9. My Baby Gives It Away- Pete Townsend and Ronnie Lane
10. Love Will Find a Way- Pablo Cruise
and one more: "It's Hard To Be a Saint In the City- Bruce Springsteen
1. Fresh out of the New Christy Minstrels, Kenny Rogers took another folky turn with The First Edition.
2. This is the live version from the great "Biograph" collection. I loved Dylan's comments on this one-- "I guess it's about one of those relationships where, you know, you're lucky to get out without a broken nose."
3. My son and I just watched Terry Gilliam's great film version of "Fear and Loathing In Las Vegas." One of my favorite scenes in the movie is when "Raoul Duke's" attorney is trying to get Duke to electrocute him in the bathtub right when "White Rabbit" peaks.
4. This is the only Rush song I like besides the title track to "2112." I generally can't stand their fatuous Ayn Randesque philosphizing.
5. It's funny how a song can bring you back to a place in your life. In this case, right out of college in the mid '80's.
6. From the Clash's great first albuml.
7. The "Purple Rain" album just about got worn out on the turntable in the apartment I shared with old friends Larry and Dobie the summer of 1984.
8. Guitarist Andy Summers sings and screams this Oedipal tale.
9. From "Rough Mix," an album that the Who's Pete Townsend did with Small Faces bassist Ronnie Lane in 1977.
10. A big hunk o' Seventies Cheese, but I like it.
one more: Love this song's opening line: "I had skin like leather and the diamond-hard luck of a cobra/I was born blowing weather and I burst just like a supernova...."