Friday, February 01, 2008

Random Ten For a Snowy Friday

I was up early today digging the cars out; we got about ten inches of snow last night. After an hour and a half, when I went off to work, my car was covered again. Welcome to Chicago.





1. Honey I'm a Big Boy Now- Billy Bragg
2. American Garage- Pat Metheny Group
3. Black Balloon- Goo Goo Dolls
4. Down The Highway- Bob Dylan
5. Planet Claire- B-52's
6. Have You Heard?- ZZ Top
7. Friction- Television
8. North Bronx French Marie- Stew
9. Ferry Across The Mersey- Gerry and the Pacemakers
10. Streets of Sorrow/Birmingham Six


Notes:
1. From Talking To The Taxman About Poetry
2. The only jazz album I own. Love the Airstream on the cover.
3. What happened to the Goo Goo Dolls?
4. Dylan when he was a folkie.
5. From the B-52's great debut album. One night one of my friends in college fell asleep with this album on, with the tone-arm up, so it kept playing. We realized this when we heard "Planet Claire" for the 4th or 5th time.
6. From Tres Hombres, one of ZZ Top's earlier albums.
7. I took a Punk Rock class at the Old Town School of Folk Music in 1999, and we learned this one.
8. I love this song, and the album it's on, The Naked Dutch Painter.
9. Got a funny story involving this song involving my friend Dan and Rex the Scumbag that I'll blog about soon.
10. This song was banned in England; it's about the case that the movie In The Name of The Father is about. Got a call from Dan today-- the Pogues are in town in March, and we're going.

2 comments:

Distributorcap said...

you got me hooked for every friday
how many out of 10

5/10 this week -- i am getting better

(Goo Goo Dolls, B52s, ZZ Top, Dylan, Gerry and the Pacemakers)

Dale said...

You're having the snow day we're having by the sounds of it. And speaking of sounds, nice list. I saw the Pogues once and hope you have a blast.