Friday, March 07, 2008

Midterm Random Ten

Had a midterm in my Biology class yesterday. I think it went well. I didn't have a midterm in Chemistry, but the teacher showed us our midterm grades. I've got a B, nearly an A, in that class, so I'm pleased.

I brought my truck in to my mechanic this morning for an oil change this and to find out why the back brakes are making noise. Hopefully nothing too expensive, particularly given our car issues and expenses lately. Hopefully the first song on my Random Ten is not a prediction.


1. Breakdown Dead Ahead- Boz Scaggs
2. Chicago/We Can Change the World- Crosby, Stills and Nash
3. You Got the Love- Rufus with Chaka Kahn
4. At the Crossroads- Sir Douglas Quintet
5. Itchycoo Park- The Small Faces
6. The Rising- Bruce Springsteen
7. The Power of Positive Drinking- Lou Reed
8. I Bought A Flat Guitar Tutor- 10CC
9. It's Deafinitely- David Gilmour
10. More Than This- Roxy Music


Notes:
1. A guilty pleasure.
2. A song about the Chicago 7/8 conspiracy trial-- primarily about what a farce it was.
3. Love this little nugget. Chaka Kahn's got a great set of pipes.
4. A beautiful little Doug Sahm number. Mott the Hoople did a nice cover of it.
5. The more I hear the Small Faces, the more I like them. This was their sole big hit.
6. Springsteen's tribute to the Firefighters and Police officers who were killed on 9/11.
7. A lesser-known Lou Reed song, but one of my favorites. I wish I'd come up with the line the title is from.
8. From Deceptive Bends, a guilty 70's pleasure.
9. From Pink Floyd guitarist David Gilmour's first solo album, which came out in 1978.
10. I can never hear this one without being reminded of the great scene in Lost In Translation in which Bill Murray sings this on karoake (see below).

2 comments:

Dr. Monkey Von Monkerstein said...

That is one of my favorite movies.

Tenacious S said...

Ain't nothing wrong with a little Boz Scaggs every now and again.