Sunday, March 16, 2008

T-Shirt Tag

Bubs tagged me with a meme he got from Mathman.

Here it is:

1. Link back to the original post.
2. Describe two t-shirts that you own.
3. If you design your own vanity t-shirt what would it say?
4. Where would you wear your vanity t-shirt?
5. Tag three of your best blogging buds.

Okay, I couldn't pick my favorite two, so I'm going to cheat. I'm picking several, for I am a man of t-shirts.

This one is based on one of my favorite Saturday Night Live bits, with Christopher Walken playing a record producer demanding more cowbell while recording the Blue Oyster Cult classic "Don't Fear the Reaper."



I bought it at a shop in Seattle while visiting my friend Viktor Zeitgeist.

The next one was one I saw a friend wearing years ago, and tracked down to get for myself. I'll probably wear it on Easter.





This one was a gift from my son, who knows my fondness for naps.



The next one is a t-shirt form the Zeitgeist, a biker bar in the Tenderloin in San Francisco that I've spent many a happy hour with my friend Viktor Zeitgiest. Here's the back:



And the front:



The t-shirt, though, that is most beloved among families and friends is this one, purchased for a couple of bucks at a Salvation Army store:



Back in the day, when I'd wear the shirt, my friends would suddenly declare "My god, we ROCKED at Shayne's bat mitzvah, didn't we?" More than one friend has said that wouldn't it be funny if I was wearing that shirt one day, and ran into one of those girls?

I tag Deadspot, Skyler's Dad and of course, my son, The Evil Dictator.

6 comments:

SkylersDad said...

I go running to my closet, camera in hand!

And I LOVE the more cowbell shirt.

Anonymous said...

Love love love the cowbell shirt. I am going to track one down immediately.

Joe said...

The last shirt is the best. I'm hoping that someday, through the miracle of the interwebs, those girls will find you.

GETkristiLOVE said...

That's exactly the type of wardrobe I'd expect to see on Johnny Yen!

Dr. Zaius said...

Ack! I missed Shayne's Bat Mitzvah!

Dale said...

Good luck at the Easter parade with that shirt. Love your choices and the Bat Mitzvah one especially.