Thursday, November 20, 2008

A Change In Tack

Sorry to be away from blogging for a few days. I had a big decision to make. After a lot of discussion with my wife and with friends, I've decided to change my education goal. Instead of working toward a Pharmacy degree, I've shifted to doing the coursework toward an RN in nursing.

There are a lot of good reasons for the change. The primary one is time-- it'll take about a third the time to get a nursing degree than it would have taken me to get a Pharmacy degree. I can actually finish this degree before my son starts college. I've done almost all of the prerequisites already-- the Pharmacy prerequisites mostly overlapped the nursing prereqs. I need to take two Anatomy classes; I signed up for the first one this week. I'll take it next semester.

Kim's been very suportive of the decision, although I think she just wants to see me in scrubs.

8 comments:

kim said...

Hey, I'm going to have to live with Male Nurse jokes the rest of my life, buster.

I'm buying you teddy bear scrubs.

Unknown said...

I arrived here via a link at Dr. John's Fortress -- and have enjoyed every minute of it.

That was a great and thoughtful post on Proposition Hate; a lifetime of exposure to them and I still just don't GET people!

On a lighter note, I loved your movie list and spotted many of my personal faves there.

Truly, I believe Stephen King may be scarier than anybody -- even Christopher Walken (whom I've always had a mad crush on).

Finally, good choice on the career move -- everyone knows male nurses are inherently hot! (Though I'm not sure about the teddy bear scrubs...)

Dr. Monkey Von Monkerstein said...

Dude, we all want to see you in scrubs.

Powderhornhockey said...

Yenny,

Stop upstairs, I have something practical for you...time to start playing doctah!

SkylersDad said...

Damn! And I was hoping to score free drugs from you, oh well, I wish you luck anyway!

Joe said...

Well, that's exciting news!

Dale said...

Good night nurse!

lulu said...

Our school nurse is a man; he's also a shaman and does shiatzu massage, and is a former Marine.