Yesterday morning, I was awakened very early by the sound of a crash in the kitchen. I ran in there to discover that Fatboy, our fat (and not too smart) cat had knocked my Powerbook off of the counter it was sitting on. Lucky for him, I'd purchased an aluminum-body Powerbook a couple of months ago. The frame was slightly dented, and my "right-shift" key will need to be replaced, but the computer was otherwise unscathed. He'll live to be fat and dumb for another day.
1. 10:15 Saturday Night- The Cure
2. A Slow Song- Joe Jackson
3. One of These Days- Ten Years After
4. Obviously 5 Believers- Bob Dylan
5. He Ain't Give You None- Van Morrison
6. Another Park, Another Sunday- The Doobie Brothers
7. All I'm Thinkin' About- Bruce Springsteen
8. Nothingness- Living Color
9. Panama- Pat Boone
10. Johnny 99- Bruce Springsteen
1. Great underappreciated song by these guys
2. I still love Night and Day, which came out in 1982
3. These guys tore it up at Woodstock
4. From the great "Blonde On Blonde" album
5. This was on TB Sheets, one of many great albums that came out in 1967.
6. As good a break-up song as there ever was
7. Some acoustic Springsteen
8. Love these guys-- I first heard their great cover of the Talking Heads' "Memories Can't Wait."
9. From Pat Boone's tongue-in-cheek metal album, "In a Metal Mood."
10. Some more acoustic Springsteen, from his great 1982 album "Nebraska." It's a timely tale of a guy who loses his job at an auto plant and loses his cool.