Today was a flurry, so I'm doing my Friday Random Ten late in the day. We're having a party tomorrow night for Adam-- he's fifteen tomorrow-- so I had to get ready for that. And his high school team won their playoff game, so they played tonight, and so did he-- he's in the band. They played Maine South, Hillary Clinton's high school. Oh, and they won.
1. Train In Vain- The Clash
2. Old John Robertson- The Byrds
3. Get Rhythm- Johnny Cash
4. Home Tonight- Aerosmith
5. Bang Bang- Sonny and Cher
6. Hold On- Lou Reed
7. When I Come Around- Green Day
8. Bluebirds Over the Mountain- Richie Valens
9. Electric Avenue- Eddy Grant
10. Let There Be Rock- AC/DC
1. The first Clash song I ever heard. It started me on a lifelong love affair with their music.
2. I love the Byrds. This song was a recent discovery, thanks to Little Steven's Underground Garage.
3. I always forget how much I like this song. Johnny Cash had so damned many great songs.
4. From Aerosmith Rocks.
5. From when Sonny was a hippie and not a Republican and Cher wasn't creepy.
6. My late friend Mark fell in love with Lou's New York album and predicted I would too; it was two things I loved, Lou Reed and politics. He was right.
7. My kids both love Green Day. Have I got great kids or what?
8. La Bamba is one of my favorite rock songs ever-- ironic, since it was originally a Mexican folk song. Richie Valens did a whole bunch more great songs. This is one of them.
9. Yesterday was Eddy Grant's birthday. Heard that on Little Steven's Underground Garage.
10. My kids and I love doing this one on Rock Band.