A week ago, I added some music to my Itunes and discovered it would no longer all fit on my Ipod. I did some cleaning up of my Itunes-- I discovered, for instance, that I had 4 copies of Eddy' Grant's "Electric Avenue" on there.
Even after cleaning, I've got about 5200 songs on my Itunes.
1. I Knew The Bride When She Used To Rock and Roll- Dave Edmunds
2. In The Modern World- Jesse Malin
3. Hey, Hey, We're The Monkees- The Monkees
4. Baby, That's Me- The Cake
5. Oh! Darling- The Beatles
6. Guess Things Happen That Way- Johnny Cash
7. Brave New World- Michael Penn
8. Venus- Shocking Blue
9. Two More Bottles of Wine- Delbert McClinton
10. Moondance- Van Morrison
1. Dave Edmunds co-wrote this song with Nick Lowe, who had a big his with it in the mid eighties.
2. One of my "Little Steven's Underground" Discoveries.
3. I loved this tv show when I was a kid.
4. Another Little Steven discovery. These ladies had a "girl group" in the late sixties, long after it was fashionable to do so.
5. From Abbey Road, the last album the Beatles recorded
6. What would my Friday Random Ten be without Mr. Cash?
7. Michael is the brother of Senn and the late Chris Penn, and the husband of Aimee Mann.
8. I loved this song when I heard it on the radio as a kid.
9. First heard this one on WXRT in the late seventies. Great song of dreams run aground.
10. A couple of years ago, my old friend Larry visited and gave me a mix cd of songs we would have heard in a night at the Uptowner/Cellar tavern, our hangout in college. This was one of the songs on it.