Yesterday morning, I ran to my school to drop off the paper that confirms that I accepted my slot in their nursing program. When I handed the paper in, the lady who runs the office said "Night, right?" I thought she was referring to the orientation-- there were two orientations times on June 8, one in the day and one in the night. I had checked off for the daytime one. It turns out that she was referring to the program itself-- there is a daytime one and a nightime program, in order to deal with students' work schedules. It turned out that I was in the nighttime schedule. This posed some problems-- I work nights, and pick my stepdaughter up from school most weekdays. I talked to Kim and we figured that we'd work it out somehow.
Fortunately, the lady who runs the office remembered me and remembered our conversation. It turns out that later in the day, another student came by to confirm and had the opposite problem. She gave me a call and we arranged for the other student and I to switch schedules. I won't have to give up shifts at work, and Kim and I won't have to figure out alternate childcare. Getting into nursing school was great, but getting a schedule that works is even better.
1. Drugs- Talking Heads
2. Jealous Guy- John Lennon
3. Where Have All The Flowers Gone?- The Kingston Trio
4. The Model- Kraftwerk
5. Open My Eyes- The Nazz
6. Have You Ever Seen The Rain?- Creedence Clearwater Revival
7. Welfare Mothers- Neil Young and Crazy Horse
8. Back Home Again- John Denver
9. Right Back Where We Started From- Maxine Nightingale
10. Emma- Hot Chocolate
1. The closing track to "Fear of Music," my favorite Talking Heads album.
2. Bryan Ferry did a nice cover of this after Lennon's death.
3. Some polite, well-dressed protest.
4. From the guys who brought you "Autobahn."
5. From "Nuggets." This band was headed by Todd Rundgren
6. Great Vietnam protest song.
7. I find this song really funny
8. Guilty pleasure!
9. A one-hit wonder from the seventies. I was watching "Slapshot" a while back and realized that they play this song like four times in the movie.
10. These guys are best remembered for "You Sexy Thing."