Tuesday, August 05, 2008

Taking Care of a Tag By Skyler's Dad


Okay, it's been an embarassingly long time since Uberdad Skyler's Dad conferred upon me an Arte y Pico Award.

First, the rules:

The rules:

1. You have to pick 5 blogs that you consider deserve this award through creativity, design, interesting material, and also contributes to the blogger community, no matter of language.

2. Each award should have the name of the author with a link to their blog.

3. Award winners have to post the award with the name and link to the blog of the person who gave them the award (done at the end of Paragraph 1).

4. Please include a link to the “Arte Y Pico” blog so that everyone will know where the award came from.

5. Show these rules.


Okay, my awards:

Erik's Choice
The breadth and depth of Erik's blogging is amazing. Whether it's Iggy Pop, Diane Arbus, the White Stripes or Albert Camus, his posts are illuminating, interesting and entertaining.

Tripping Toward Lucidity
Despite having a pretty massive collection of books and one of Chicago's biggest and best-stocked libraries near my home, I don't read enough. And the reading I do is usually non-fiction. I am woefully neglectful in reading literature. My saving grace is Estella's Revenge. Not only does she keep me informed about literature, but the site is beautiful.

Dear Bastards
Like reading literature, I don't watch enough movies. Fortunately, there's this blog to keep me informed about all kinds of movies and television shows. He's also got a good dose of snark and sarcasm, which I appreciate.

Blue Conversations
Tocatta's blog is a nice mix of day to day life and exquisitely beautiful photography.

Samurai Frog
I know this is like the fourth award I've given Samurai Frog, but he deserves them. His knowledge of movies, music and pop culture are encyclopediac and his insights are always interesting and enlightening.

3 comments:

Andi said...

Johnny, thank you soooo very much!

Erik Donald France said...

Johnny, that's incredibly kind of you. Thank you so much! I will try to do as stated as far as links in the next day or two.

Mob said...

That's very flattering sir, I appreciate the kind words. I posted this evening in response and passed it along accordingly.