Friday, December 14, 2007

Friday Random Ten


1. Summertime Thing- Chuck Prophet
2. Baby Let Me Follow You Down- The Band with Bob Dylan
3. Search and Destroy= Iggy Pop
4. Johnny Too Bad- UB40
5. Midnight Rider- The Allman Brothers Band
6. I'm Bad, I'm Nationwide- ZZ Top
7. You Won't Be Happy- The Beat
8. Shining Star- Earth Wind and Fire
9. It's In The Way That You Move It- Eric Clapton
10. South Australia- The Pogues


Notes:
1. Chuck Prophet was in Green On Red, a great eighties band.
2. From "The Band's Last Waltz." I love how Robbie Robertson casually announces that they're being joined by "a very good friend of ours....Bob Dylan."
3. Look out honey, 'cause I'm using technology!
4. From Labor of Love, UB40's album of old reggae covers.
5. I love this haunting song.
6. They're bad. They're nationwide. They're that little ol' band from Texas.
7. A one-hit wonder. This Beat was from the United States, and the reason the other Beat had to call themselves the English Beat.
8. This is tied with September Song as my favorite Earth Wind and Fire song.
9. From The Color of Money.
10. Shane McGowan has rejoined the Pogues and they've been touring.

7 comments:

Cap'n Ergo "XL+II" Jinglebollocks said...

does it count if I have a list of things I listen to on YouTube while blogging 'cuz I'm to pathetic to have an iPod??

Erik Donald France said...

Yeah'man!

Moderator said...

I was going to ask you if that was the English Beat (who I love). But then you answered my question.

Barbara Bruederlin said...

McGowan sure has a thing for Australia, doesn't he? He sure sings about it a lot for an Irishman.

Joe said...

Baby Let Me Follow You Down is a favorite song of mine. And I have a special fondness now for Search and Destroy, since it got me through miles 18-20 of the Chicago Marathon this year.

Traveling Matt said...

i always call my beloved beat "The[english]Beat"... because they're The Beat. anywyay, i'm nervous to see how shane mcgowan is looking these days... he makes my mouth hurt but god love the pogues.

Johnny Yen said...

Hot Lemon-
How about grabbing a handful of records, juggling them and listing what comes out?

Erik-
Iggy just starts your day out right, doesn't it?

Grant-
Pretty funny that the English Beat ended up being so much bigger.

Barbara-
Yes, he does. "Waltzing Matilda" is about the Australian troops at Gallipoli.

Bubs-
I keep hearing the Animals' version of it on the Underground Garage lately.

Monica-
They have a special place in my heart-- you'll see why in today's post.