Monday, January 15, 2007

'70's Hair


A few days ago, I was posting a John Kerry quote, and included this picture.






Kristi over at Two Minutes in the Box commented that John Kerry was a smart man, even with that hair. I replied that all men, even myself, had hair like that in 1971 and 1972. Here is the photographic proof. This is my fifth grade picture, taken in 1972.

I'm working on post about a roadtrip to visit Elvis' grave that took place in 1985. Not only do I have feathered eighties hair, but I have those yuppy tortoise shell-framed glasses that seemed to be a good idea to men only in the eighties. Be afraid. Be very afraid.

7 comments:

lulu said...

My brother has pictures that look almost exactly like that. Same hair, same glasses.

Barbara Bruederlin said...

Awwww, you're just the most adorable thing! Those school photographers sure knew how to bring out the essence of a person, didn't they? (I kid)

Coaster Punchman said...

I for one am pretty anxious to see these 1985 pics. The 5th grade one is pretty great.

GETkristiLOVE said...

Did you carry a Goodie comb in your back acid-wash jean pocket too? Sexxxxxy!

Johnny Yen said...

Lu-
Yes, we were all issued those glasses and haircuts at birth then.

Barb-
Yes, they managed to catch my inner dork.

CP-
Oh yes, it'll be worth the wait.

Kristi-
Oh no, it's so much uglier than you can even imagine-- one word: corduroy.

Danny Tagalog said...

I can't picture the glasses but am looking forward to see!

kim said...

Seems like all the girls like this picture. All I can say is those bucky-beaver teeth went away, and I can still see your pretty eyes behind those Ernie Douglas glasses.