Friday, February 23, 2007
Heavy on the Sixties Friday Random Ten
1. Bad Little Woman- Shadows of Knight
2. Hold On, It's Coming- Country Joe McDonald
3. Pretty As You Feel- Jefferson Airplane
4. You Got the Silver- Rolling Stones
5. You're So Good To Me- Curtis Mayfield
6. Master of Puppets- Metallica
7. Memories Can't Wait- Living Color
8. Chest Fever- The Band
9. Night Time- The Strangeloves
10. Politics of Dancing- Re-Flex
The Word- The Recreational Bones
1. Local boys-- from Arlington Heights-- not far from where the bloggers are meeting tonight! Best known for their cover of Van Morrison's "Gloria." This is from the Nuggest collection, which appears with startling frequency on my Random Tens.
2. Country Joe McDonald's take on the sixties-- that though not all the changes happened yet, hold on, it's coming.
3. Great smoky tune.
4. The Stones in their prime. One of the all-time great album covers, too.
5. From the awesome Curtis Mayfield Box Set that my wife got me for Christmas.
6. The only Metallica I have in on my itunes-- downloaded it after hearing it in the movie Old School-- great scene!
7. The first Living Color song I ever heard-- a cover of a Talking Heads tune.
8. One of the great Hammond Organ songs ever.
9. The same Strangeloves that did the original of "I Want Candy." Another one from the Nuggets collection.
10. "All of the politicians/Turned into deejays...." One of my eighties fave raves.
One more-- digitized this from a 45-- the "Bones" were friends of mine at Eastern Illinois University. They opened for the Uptown Rulers at their final show at Ted's Warehouse-- the Bones' singer Gary Hicks had been in the Rulers at one time. This song has got one of the best and silliest lines ever in a song: "Lust has been incurred..."