Today is report card pick-up day, so I didn't have to be at work until 11:30. The other teachers and I are trying to guess how many parents we'll have. Last time we had 10.
Don Ho is barely cold in his grave, and he's popped up for an appearance in my Friday Random 10. How cool is that?
1. The Ocean- Led Zeppelin
2. Tiny Bubbles- Don Ho
3. Crystal Liason- The Fugs
4. Phil Ochs, Bob Dylan, Steve Goodman, David Blue and Me- John Wesley Harding
5. King of Love- Dave Edmunds
6. Incident At Neshabur- Santana
7. Stop the Clock- The Blasters
8. Mama, Look a Boo Boo- Robert Mitchum
9. Candy- Iggy Pop
10. White Boots Marching In A Yellow Land- Phil Ochs
1. The best track from one of Led Zeppelin's weaker efforts, Houses of the Holy
2. Don Frickin' Ho!
3. Ed Sanders and the wonderfully irreverent sixties icons The Fugs
4. This one keeps popping up on my Random 10. Maybe it's trying to tell me something.
5. From the great Dave Edmunds box set.
6. From Abraxas, an album I finally got on cd.
7. The second-greatest group of the eighties, after the Clash.
8. From Robert Mitchum's great calypso album. Yeah, that Robert Mitchum.
9. The Ig sings this one with the B-52s' Kate Pierson. I think it was actually his biggest hit.
10. The late, great Phil Ochs, warning us about the folly of military adventures in Asia. We need to start listening.