Monday, March 26, 2007

ABC, Easy As 123...

This meme's been floating around. Since most of my sixth period class released themselves on their own recognicance, I thought I'd do it.

A- Available or Single – Happily married.

B- Best Friends - Andreas and Jim

C- Cake or Pie – I can't have either since finding I have Celiac Disease (a genetic allergy to wheat) but when I could, I loved pecan pie. My mother used to make me those instead of birthday cakes.

My wife had two cakes made for our wedding-- one a flourless chocolate cake, with strawberries for me, bless her heart, and another without strawberries for my son.

D – Drink of Choice - Ice tea, unsweetened, with lemons, during the day, red wine at night.

E- Essential Item – Pen. And a wine key.

F- Favourite Colour – Red.

G- Gummi Bears or Worms – Gummi worms-- especially the sour ones.

H- Hometown – Chicago, Illinois

I- Indulgence – Naps.

J- January or February - February. Lots of teacher holidays.

K- Kids - 2, a son and a step-daughter.

L- Life is incomplete without - Hot Sauce.

M- Marriage Date – December 30, 2005. We chose it because it was the birthday of Patti Smith, who we both love.

N- Number of Siblings? – 2 Brothers, 44 and 43 years old. I'm 45.

O- Oranges or Apples? - Apples. I like oranges as juice.

P- Phobias/Fears – Needles. How I spent two hours voluntarily getting stuck with a needle to get my tatoo is beyond me.

Q- Favourite Quote - "I've got a tv. You've got a tv. Let's face it, we've all got tvs. Big fucking deal." Iggy Pop, TV Eye

R- Reasons to smile - my kids

S- Season – A spring day in Oakland or Seattle

T- Tag 3 People – Kim, Bubs, Deadspot

U- Unknown Fact About Me – I don't really like Steve Spielberg's movies.

V- Vegetable You Hate – Rutabaga

W- Worst Habit – Clutter

X- X-rays You've Had – Left arm, right foot, teeth, right hand, ribs. I've had a lot of broken bones. I was a little wild when I was younger.

Y- Your Favourite Foods – Ethiopian, Indian, Chinese, Thai

Z- Zodiac – Taurus


Danielle said...

No wonder I like your blog after such a short time. I am too a Taurus.

Wishing you well

Barbara Bruederlin said...

You just have to give rutabagas a chance! They're great.

lulu said...

aren't available and single the same thing?

Johnny Yen said...

I'm also an Ox in the Chinese horoscope. I'm particularly stubborn. Or at least my wife, family and friends seem to think so.

I gave them many, many chances: my father loved them and we ate them all the time when I was a kid. It was like torture.

I had the same question. But I guess there are people who are single, but not available and people who are available, but not single (see "Bill Clinton")