Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Why I Usually Have My Digital Camera With Me Nearly All The Time Now, Part 2

Today, I stopped by Costco on the way home from work to pick up one of their pre-baked chickens for dinner-- we are still without a functioning kitchen.

To my amazement, I came upon this scene:



I was struck with a sense of deja vu. I'd seen this scene, nearly a month earlier:



Yep, that's the same spot-- with a key difference, I later realized.

Notice a difference between the two pictures, besides the different makes of the car? Look at the angle the cars are resting at. There's a reason for this.



Where there was once just a six inch concrete island for dumb people to drive up onto, there is now a concrete island with a couple of boulders on it for dumb people to drive up onto!

My guess is that the boulders were added to let the idiots know there was a concrete island there and not to drive there. Picture #1 shows how well that has worked.

After I'd parked my truck and started walking in, a gentleman walking near me, who'd apparently seen me taking pictures, asked me if that was my car up there. I laughed and told him no. He told me that he'd seen another car up there two weeks ago. I was astonished. I told him I'd seen the same thing a month ago.

By the time I was done shopping, a tow truck had arrived and had pulled the car down off the boulders.



A couple of young Costco employees were nearby, shagging carts and laughing about the car on the boulders. I told them that I'd seen this twice in a month and a man I'd just talked to had seen it another time-- that it had happened at least three times in the last month-- just how often did this happen, I asked them?

They looked at each other and said, "Oh, maybe 2 or 3 times a week" "Yeah, a few times a week."

To quote Ripley in Aliens, "Did IQ's drop drastically while I was gone?"

Maybe this explains a lot about events in the years 2000 and 2004.

10 comments:

GETkristiLOVE said...

That's funny.

Here in Colorado, people with big ass 4WDs are always looking for that type of thing to park on, so they look cool - especially when it's snow drifts that are piled up on one end of the parking lot after being plowed - there's always some jackass that has to go park ontop of the pile.

bubbles said...

JY, did you say you carry your digital camera with you? Bravo!

See, my kids make fun of me because I use a camera and not my cell phone camera - which is never used.

I guess picture quality is not important to young teens.

Funny that so many people mess up at that same spot. Perhaps they need to consider a more expensive deterent than big rocks. :-)

Cup said...

Dumb curb-driving Republicans, sending our country into a tailspin.

Amy Guth said...

HAHAHAA! Yenny, I've seen the very same thing happen in that parking lot before, too. This is hilarious. What a strange epidemic in the Costco parking lot!

Dr. Monkey Von Monkerstein said...

I saw a woman drive over a curb and get stuck in front of a cop. I said to him, "You going to write her a ticket?" He said, "Being stupid is not against the law."

Cheer34 said...

I feel bad for the driver. The tow truck cost is going to be expensive. Next time can you ask the driver how they managed to get stuck? I would be interested in knowing.

SkylersDad said...

Probably yakking on the cell while fucking around with the radio station and driving with their knee...

Joe said...

See, this would only happen to Costco shoppers. Shoppers at Walmart would have WAY bigger and shittier SUV's and just roll right over those rocks.

Spinning Girl said...

It's rather amusing that this keeps happening.

MacGuffin said...

I can't even imagine how f-ing embarrasing that would be. I might actually abandon my vehicle before copping to that.